Okayyyyyyyyy... I thought I'd just write this out of my system and get my day going. But then I researched 'sleep' on the internet (!) Biiiiiiiig mistake. It would take me a long while before I even read Wikipedia, let alone make up my mind of what to write 8-o *sigh*
Anyway, basically I just wanted to vent and let you all know that after 28 (plus/minus 10) years, all that's left of being a couple, is him sleeping on the couch, and her sleeping in bed. What a luck we don't have to work on reproduction any longer, isn't it? *duh*

Can't even scrape him off that stupid couch. Main point: he gets tired around 10/11 pm like normal people (I) do, too. But... he remains on the couch. Our tv is his friend, because you can pause it for 3 (!) consecutive hours and switch forth and back in time. That way he always falls asleep at the very same spot and never makes it through that very recording. This game we play each evening and night. Just that I get up a zillion times to make him come to bed. Nawh, just won't happen. In the end I telephone him (!) get this, from the bedroom to the living room and IF I get lucky he might find his way into bed around 4-7 am. *ugh* At times I just don't care and let him rest there. :-/
So tonight with heavy flowing (sorry guys) and me having to run to the bathroom over and over again, it was a rather active night. And then I (who is retired and who could sleep in regularly) has to waken up everybody around the house. Well, not really has to, it's my own fault, I just do. *yawn*
I believe that so much time is wasted once you don't get your chores done in the morning hours. To that adds my MS fatigue. No, you can't relate, trust me, unless you have it, too. It's nothing you've ever experienced and nothing is similar to it. You can rest, and nap, and sleep all the way you want, get enough sleeping hours at night and you still have it: fatigue. It's being with zero energy, tired, sleepy, you're tired before, during, and after sleeping. It slows your life down! Well, my trick is Red Ginseng. It works like a charm. :) And gives me energy like the Energizer Bunny... know him?

My mother, on the other hand, goes to bed around 4 pm (she's 70+) and wonders why in the world she's wide awake again around 8 or 9 pm *lol* I keep telling her that old people (OMG, shouldn't say that out loud! *giggle*) don't need more than 5 hours of sleep. She just doesn't get it and wonders, having 'got up' like in the morning hours, went to the store (which closes at 8 pm here), why the heck the store is closed! *duh*
I don't get it, because at prime time the tv program would be interesting again. At some point she said that she has no other place to stretch out than her bed, that's when I bought her a couch instead of her love seats. Still... same story. So she forces herself to sleep and stay in bed, although she can't, and then she starts thinking crazy things from ages ago, mixes everything up. At times she ends up calling the speaking clock, you can tell from her phone bill, because she can't tell if it's daylight am or pm. *sigh*
The teenager in the house, that's clear to all of us, just wants to sleep in all day long. Thank God for the guinea pigs who won't let that happen anymore. :)
Hey, do you know by any accident if guinea pigs close their eyes while sleeping? I just can't catch them asleep. Maybe I should install a camera by the cage to find out??? ;-)
Ok, here I go now. Wikipedia says that 'Sleep is a condition of extreme peace in all creatures, and humans and animals have to sleep to survive. Why, we don't know yet. Whereas sleep deprivation is a method of torture, still.' There you have it now!
Me, myself and I? I just love to sleep. I used to drive my ex nuts. In the midst of an argument I said, well, we won't come to any conclusion tonight anymore, let me go to bed, I need my sleep, because I got to get up early in the morning. And the problems will still be there then. *lol*
Anyway, guess that's all I had to say for the moment.
As always, gimme your thoughts on this lovely subject.

cool wie du deinen blog wieder umgemodelt hast. gefällt mir sehr. hdl
ReplyDeleteI like this blog post!
ReplyDelete