Well, it's just a short period of time left and our family will go on summer vacation. We will finally visit all our relatives in the US. For this journey we've saved up money for quite some years. The preparations for our trip began in November last year already and ever since then I've posted on my German travel blog about it, but never here.
The plan is to not be online that much while gone, at least on my side. And still I want to keep you guys posted about where we'll be at and what we'll be doing directly from there, in order for you to get homesick or get a taste of travelling and holidays.
The second thing I came up with is that I will be writing postcards as usual and that brought to mind that I love to receive postcards myself, despite the fast way of sending e-mails. Not all inhabitants of this earth are on the internet, especially the older generations. And guess what I found? A lady who created the German postcard blog. Her name is Nadine, and she did this around Easter for the first time. All I had to do is enroll in her program. An own blogsite is required and a deadline to meet. A little while later I received a mail from her, stating five addresses where I'm supposed to send five postcards to once on vacation. All by the end of September. Then post about it, and if I want to be eligible in her sweepstakes I would have to mention her sponsors. Which I all did on my German blog already. Well, again, I'm doing it here. The more I post on her blog, about the sponsors, or the cards I send and receive the more tickets I'll receive for her sweeptstakes. Now you know.
Anyway, in a little over two weeks we'll be landing in the US already. By then my preparations will be finished, or not *lol* but we'll be on our five week journey touring the Central Coast from upper North down do L.A. in the South. I will even visit a couple of online friends I've never met before, who are diagnosed with the same illness I have. Longtime friends will also be visited. We hope the time will be enough and that we've forgotten about nothing. If you have any questions, go ahead, ask and I'll try to answer.
My next posts should be from across the big pond, or should I say, from around the globe? This will be an awesome trip!




I hope you have a nice time, take lots of pics, and tell me all about it. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd YOU keep on reading on here regularly, so you KNOW that I haven't dropped off the surface of the earth, okay? ;-)
ReplyDelete