A quick update for all who've been following me... I'm at Karol's place with my family since Friday, and it has been quite some blast! We've seen a whole lot of sites, and ate so much good food that it's unbelievable! We are so warmly welcomed here, that we're not sure of when to leave again *lol* but there's so much more to explore and experience, that I'm thinking anytime between tomorrow and Thursday. It is funny when your internet becomes alive all of a sudden, and that's what has happened through meeting with K, whom I know virtually since five years! She's exactly like I expected her to be and we're enjoying doing things together.
So today we went whale watching and elk watching, saw a fern canyon and cooked rustic German food for her and her family. The other two days her boyfriend Grant BBQed for us (chicken one night and salmon the other) and we went to eat out Mexican.
Each day we're exploring something new, like using a laundromat the other day. Or like we taught them a German card game. And on our way to K's we've crossed the Golden Gate bridge and visited the Mendocino Botanical Gardens. We passed through Marine County, Samoa, Eureka and Trinidad and we took zillions of photos already.
The weather isn't really that good up in northern Cali, but at least mostly dry and with ocassional sun in the afternoons. My two can't wait to finally go to the southern Cali beaches. I believe that tomorrow we'll have to pace down a bit and smell the roses, b/c it has been quite an exhausting trip so far. We totally love it!
Hugs from us to you. TTYS.



wow sounds like a wonderful vacation so far. I need a trip like this. I went to the botanical gardens you passed and I love San Fransisco but only for a trip. Have fun. Thank you for the beautiful box and I got your post card on the same day. Made my day. Send more post cards!! ((HUGS)) be safe and have fun and give K a hug from me.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you liked the stuff, and I hope the tops fit? Yes, I will keep on posting cards from our trip, be assured of that *lol* in order for you to get some life signs from me ;-) I will give her a big hug from you. I pray you're doing alright while I'm gone?!
ReplyDelete