Welcome to Gina's Logbook :)



Welcome to Gina's Logbook :)
Dear reader,
I'm really delighted you made the long way to my personal blog!
I named it 'more than words', because it's about all
that's occupying my mind at the moment.
Enjoy.

About me

My photo
Have fun reading and commenting...

Monday, August 22, 2011

Santa Barbara

Well folks, let me make this short. We're about to head out the hotel and towards Los Angeles today. My two are still sound asleep, and sleepless mom tries to figure out things with her German bank. Which isn't too hard after all, b/c this Italian travel group is more than loud!!! Don't you just hate noisy Europeans? *lol*
Butterflies alive
Mission Santa Barbara (from a back angle)
Fountain in front of the Mission
Decoration inside the Courthouse
What does this have to do with jurisdiction?
View down from the bell tower
Exploring the gardens
of El Presidio
Flaggs at Stearn's Wharf
Bradbury Dam, Santa Ynez River, Lake Cachuma
Our trip continues to be rather exhausting for me, and the two pain attacks were proof enough of it I think. No clue yet of what to expect in the city of angels. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, right? Anyways, so I'm sitting here, thinking about what we saw in Santa Barbara, and that was quite a lot, let me assure you that much: the museum of natural history (with wonderful alive butterflies), the Mission, the courthouse, El Presidio, the Stearn's Wharf with pier and on our way back to our hotel in Santa Maria we passed (and stopped) by the wonderful Lake Cachuma and the Bradbury Dam. We were gone like eleven hours or so!
Going butterfly crazy
The Sunday was rather unspectacular compared to that. We walked to the museum of flight again, to write something in there guestbook, played cards (FLUXX, you know the game? It's still kinda puzzling for us...), went out to grab some Mexican food for dinner at some fast food joint, and came back and did crosswords until midnight.
Watching the butterflies
Action paired with relaxation. Peter went sunbathing and to the pool a lot, Sabrina was stuck to the internet most of the time, and I 'wellnessed' if there's such a word. We gotta save up our energies in order to manage two weeks of sightseeing LA *giggle*.
Just us
I'll report right back with you guys as soon as there's more to report, ok? And you keep up the good work and keep commenting on my blogposts, so I know you're still out there and with me, paying attention. Hugs 2u all, you know who you are!!!
Can we take this home as a sofa?
For more photos (on all the sites) please go to my German blog... I refuse double posting pics ;-) Regina's German travel blog

4 comments:

  1. It's about time! lol you been out sightseeing or something? sounds like a long 11 hour day but beautiful sights. noisy Europeans? you ain't seen nothing yet! haha.. great pics.. especially watching the butterfly's. you taking a well needed seat and sabrina updates her Fb..lol the rest are all lovely :) be safe in your travels... hugz from the bugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I miss home now that I see the photos. I haven't been there since I was maybe 18 or 19. It has changed a lot since then I am sure. But the beauty hasn't. I got your post card today. Thank you and I miss you too my bff. ((HUGS)) and take care of yourself and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugzy, there was no time to give you a call yesterday, but I will do so today! Yep, I agree, we're LOUD alright *lol*. We had a safe travel getting here so far, but LA drivers are crazy!!! TTYS my friend. Hugzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BFF glad you liked the pics and so sorry they made you even more homesick... :( Yes, I agree, Cali is as beautiful as it ever was!!! I'll continue to post, but today we have a beach day scheduled, so no time. Later hun!

    ReplyDelete

My readers