Welcome to Gina's Logbook :)



Welcome to Gina's Logbook :)
Dear reader,
I'm really delighted you made the long way to my personal blog!
I named it 'more than words', because it's about all
that's occupying my mind at the moment.
Enjoy.

About me

My photo
Have fun reading and commenting...

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Big spender

Well, unexpectedly the birth-day yesterday turned out a nice day. Four of them halfsiblings met at the beach, have a look:
Deanna, Lance, Eylene & Sabrina
And the two little ones played in the sand... ;-)
Sabrina & Alyson that would be... *lol*
referring to 'the little ones'
The evening ended at a nice (loud and crowded) restaurant, with great food. Which brings me to the big spending. I have a feeling that it was expected of us to invite everybody, which we didn't/couldn't. I mean, I would've loved to give everybody like at least 150 bucks and pay for all the food and buy this and that, but come on, we live in the real world, right? So we brought everybody German candy, which is without food additives and delicious, but, ya know...
Peter, Drew & Eylene
Just to name some numbers... the flights alone cost us 3300 Euros, 1200 Euros for the rental car, the hotel in San Franciso (3 nights) was 400 Euros, all in all we spent like 10,000 Euros on this trip, which is about 15,000 Dollars. With about 150 bucks per night for a motelroom, and the gasoline, and the food... you can probably figure out for yourself that there can't possibly be much financial scope to make it through 34 days. I wouldn't call it a small budget, but it's tight. We gotta think about every expense here twice. So I'm happy for everyone who doesn't leave in a huff but understands... Thank you. Plus can we please keep in mind, that I'm retired and live of a low pension age 45 to begin with?
So I thought it would just be fair to everybody pay for themselves, wasn't it? And IF I'll treat someone to something I'll let him/her know in advance, at least that's how it works with the rest of the world.
Caught drawing

2 comments:

  1. cute pics and love the one with Peter in it. They should understand and be treating you young lady. Love you and miss you. have fun. MISTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. re-miss u gurl!!! yep, it comes all to just my family really counting, my two that is, and my bff *lol* who doesn't care for me, why should I care, right? we have fun, trust me!

    ReplyDelete

My readers