Keepsakes
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin"
I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven."
When I say... "I am a Christian" I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not claiming to be perfect.
My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven."
When I say... "I am a Christian" I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not claiming to be perfect.
My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

This is out of Duane DOG Chapman's book:
"I clicked the television on and listened to an evangelical preacher give a sermon while I unpacked. As I reached for the remote to change the channel, I heard the preacher say 'I have a feeling there's someone out there whose very existence is about to change. He has a checkered past, perhaps a criminal. You never thought you could turn your life around, but you can. I am here to tell you the Lord has raised His hand and said, 'Be healed. For you shall serve Me, as a messenger of My word and faith.' If you can hear me, son, the Lord has asked me to tell you to trust His mighty plan. you must honor His wishes, and you shall be greatly rewarded for your service.' That message was for me. I could feel it through the TV. The hand of God had touched my heart. The Lord was telling me to stay righteous."
"I clicked the television on and listened to an evangelical preacher give a sermon while I unpacked. As I reached for the remote to change the channel, I heard the preacher say 'I have a feeling there's someone out there whose very existence is about to change. He has a checkered past, perhaps a criminal. You never thought you could turn your life around, but you can. I am here to tell you the Lord has raised His hand and said, 'Be healed. For you shall serve Me, as a messenger of My word and faith.' If you can hear me, son, the Lord has asked me to tell you to trust His mighty plan. you must honor His wishes, and you shall be greatly rewarded for your service.' That message was for me. I could feel it through the TV. The hand of God had touched my heart. The Lord was telling me to stay righteous."
Internet negativity
I have had so much fun on MySpace since I first made a profile about 6 months ago!! I've rediscovered some wonderful old friends from my youth. It's as if I am reassembling all the lost parts of myself. Also I used it to stay in touch with my student friends who scattered to the winds over the summer and after graduation. I find myself checking my MySpace at least once a day and being delighted to find a little something pleasurable waiting there for me every time. However, I've now had my first ugly experience. Recently, I had a misunderstanding with a young friend, who sent me an unpleasant message over myspace, then removed me from her top friends, then deleted me entirely. Isn't it interesting that we can use this social networking site as a tool NOT ONLY to build one another up, but also to tear one another down? How sad! I am guessing that other people may be used to this sort of thing? Not me! I want to log on eagerly anticipating the good things. If I ever begin to dread what I may find, I'll stop using myspace. It's that simple. I'm too old for the other kind of drama anyway. In general, I urge everyone to use MySpace in a fun friendly way. We have face-to-face encounters for the other stuff. And if you express yourself better in writing than in person (I know I do), there's always pen & paper. Thank you to all my friends for the kindness I have found every other time I've logged on! Let's continue to build one another up, make one another stronger and more confident so we can better handle the real problems out there.
I have had so much fun on MySpace since I first made a profile about 6 months ago!! I've rediscovered some wonderful old friends from my youth. It's as if I am reassembling all the lost parts of myself. Also I used it to stay in touch with my student friends who scattered to the winds over the summer and after graduation. I find myself checking my MySpace at least once a day and being delighted to find a little something pleasurable waiting there for me every time. However, I've now had my first ugly experience. Recently, I had a misunderstanding with a young friend, who sent me an unpleasant message over myspace, then removed me from her top friends, then deleted me entirely. Isn't it interesting that we can use this social networking site as a tool NOT ONLY to build one another up, but also to tear one another down? How sad! I am guessing that other people may be used to this sort of thing? Not me! I want to log on eagerly anticipating the good things. If I ever begin to dread what I may find, I'll stop using myspace. It's that simple. I'm too old for the other kind of drama anyway. In general, I urge everyone to use MySpace in a fun friendly way. We have face-to-face encounters for the other stuff. And if you express yourself better in writing than in person (I know I do), there's always pen & paper. Thank you to all my friends for the kindness I have found every other time I've logged on! Let's continue to build one another up, make one another stronger and more confident so we can better handle the real problems out there.
You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)
You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you
(John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )
You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5- 6)
You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things
(Philippians 4:13)
You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)
You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )
You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs
(Philippians 4:19)
You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)
You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom(I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)
God says: All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)
You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you
(John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )
You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5- 6)
You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things
(Philippians 4:13)
You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)
You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )
You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs
(Philippians 4:19)
You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)
You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom(I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)
Bank account
I have just deposited love
and blessings
into your bank account
and the best part is
that it will cost you nothing
I ask that you just use it in abundance
Your pin number is: J-E-S-U-S
*IMPORTANT NOTICE*
If you lost your pin,
you lose everything
Make a deposit
into someone else's account today
May your trouble be less
Your blessings be more
And nothing but happiness
Come through that door
I always loved this one by Pastor Joel Osteen:
I have just deposited love
and blessings
into your bank account
and the best part is
that it will cost you nothing
I ask that you just use it in abundance
Your pin number is: J-E-S-U-S
*IMPORTANT NOTICE*
If you lost your pin,
you lose everything
Make a deposit
into someone else's account today
May your trouble be less
Your blessings be more
And nothing but happiness
Come through that door
I always loved this one by Pastor Joel Osteen:
This is my bible
I am what it says I am.
I have what it says I have.
I can do what it says I can do.
Today I will be taught the Word of God.
I boldly confess, my mind is alert,
my heart is receptive.
I will never be the same.I am about to receive
the incorruptible, indestructible,
ever-living seed of the Word of God.
I will never be the same.
Never, never, never.
I will never be the same.
In Jesus name.
Amen.
I am what it says I am.
I have what it says I have.
I can do what it says I can do.
Today I will be taught the Word of God.
I boldly confess, my mind is alert,
my heart is receptive.
I will never be the same.I am about to receive
the incorruptible, indestructible,
ever-living seed of the Word of God.
I will never be the same.
Never, never, never.
I will never be the same.
In Jesus name.
Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment