Welcome to Gina's Logbook :)



Welcome to Gina's Logbook :)
Dear reader,
I'm really delighted you made the long way to my personal blog!
I named it 'more than words', because it's about all
that's occupying my mind at the moment.
Enjoy.

About me

My photo
Have fun reading and commenting...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2010 July - Smoking makes MS worse

By Julie Stachowiak, Ph.D., About.com Guide:

I guess it comes as no surprise that smoking makes MS worse, since it really doesn't seem to have any positive effects on any aspect of health. However, I was still a little surprised to see the results from some of these studies.


Let me start by saying that I am not going to harsh on anyone who smokes, who has smoked, who thinks they might take up smoking, so you don’t have to worry about any of that “noise” as you read this article. However, I do want to warn you that it looks like the news is not so good if you have ever smoked in your life – even if you quit a long time ago. Sorry, I wish I had something different to tell you.


Most of the evidence points to smoking as a contributing factor for developing multiple sclerosis. However, once it is a done deal and you have been diagnosed with MS, does smoking still matter?


Yup, looks like it does.


Read the full article:
http://ms.about.com/od/multiplesclerosis101/a/smoking_ms_progression.htm?nl=1

Thought I'd share this to my fellow MSers online.

Gimme your opinion about it, will you?

1 comment:

  1. smoking makes everything worse. cant understand how people can do this to theirself

    ReplyDelete

My readers